- Begin by holding the crucifix, saying "In the Name of the Father and
of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," (making the sign of the Cross while
doing that), then say the Apostles Creed.
- On the single bead just above the cross, pray the "Our Father." This
and all prayers of the rosary are meditative prayers.
The next cluster has 3 beads. The "Hail Mary" prayer is said on these
three beads. You pray the 3 Hail Marys while meditating on the three
divine virtues of faith, hope, and love/charity.
- On the chain or cord after the three beads, say the "Glory be..."
- On the next bead, which is a single bead, you announce the first
divine mystery of contemplation. For example, if it were a Monday, you
would say the first Joyful Mystery is "The Annunciation", at this point
you pray the "Our Father" prayer.
- Now this will bring you to the first decade, or set of 10 beads of
the Rosary. You will then pray 10 Hail Marys while contemplating the
first mystery, example: The Annunciation.
- After the 10th Hail Mary you will have completed the first of 5
decades which make up a Chaplet of the Rosary. You now come to another
single bead, at this point, you pray the... Glory be to the Father...
then (on the same bead) pray the O My Jesus... then (on the same bead)
announce the next or second mystery. For example: if its Monday and your
praying the Joyful Mysteries, the second Joyful Mystery is The
Visitation. At this point you pray the Our Father....
- You will now come to the second decade or group of 10 beads, you
will now pray the 10 Hail Marys while contemplating the appropriate
- You continue to pray the rosary the same way throughout. If your
intention is to pray a Chaplet (a single set of mysteries) at the end of
the fifth mystery you will come back to the joiner, this is where the
decades all join with the lower part of the rosary which contains the
cross. When you come to the joiner, you decide whether or not you wish
to say another Chaplet or end. If you decide to say another Chaplet you
simply announce the next mystery and continue. If you wish to end, you
simply say the Glory Be To The Father, the O My Jesus, The Our Father
and end the rosary with the Hail Holy Queen and the sign of the
Various Rosary Prayers in approximate order as prayed in the Rosary
THE APOSTLE'S CREED: I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord;
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered
under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried, He descended
into hell; the third day He arose again from the dead; He ascended into
Heaven, sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty, from
thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the
Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the
forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.
THE OUR FATHER: Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy
name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we
forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.
THE DOXOLOGY: Glory be to the Father, the Son, and the Holy
Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world
without end. Amen. (this prayer is optional and may be said after all
Glory Be to the Fathers.....)
O my Jesus, have mercy on us. Forgive us our sins. Save us from the
fires of hell. Take all souls into heaven, especially, those most in
need of thy mercy. Amen.
THE HAIL MARY: Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with
thee, blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy
womb, Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the
hour of our death. Amen.
DECADE PRAYER - (prayer for priests): God, our Father, please
send us holy priests, all for the sacred and eucharistic heart of Jesus,
all for the sorrowful and immaculate heart of Mary, in union with saint
THE SALVE REGINA (Hail Holy Queen): Hail Holy Queen, Mother
of Mercy, our life our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor
banished children of Eve; To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and
weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate,
thine eyes of mercy toward us and after this our exile show unto us the
blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin
V: Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God
R: That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
LET US PRAY: O God, by the life, death and resurrection of
Your only begotten Son, You purchased for us the rewards of eternal
life; grant, we beseech You that while meditation on these mysteries of
the Holy rosary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they
promise. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
FATIMA PRAYER: Most Holy Trinity - Father, Son, and Holy
Spirit - I adore thee profoundly. I offer Thee the most precious Body,
Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles
of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and
indifferences whereby He is offended. And through the infinite merits
of His Most Sacred Heart and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg of Thee
the conversion of poor sinners.
"Let this prayer be echoed all over the world." - Mary
Fatima Prayer: My God, I believe, I adore, I hope, and I love
You. I beg pardon of You for those who do not believe, do not adore, do
not hope, and do not love You.
Mary, Queen of the Holy Rosary, pray for us. Mary, Queen of Peace,
pray for us. Mary, Our Loving Mother, pray for us.
MEMORARE: Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary that never was
it known that anyone who fled to Your protection, implored Your help, or
sought Your intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this
confidence, we fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, our Mother. To You we
come; before You we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word
Incarnate, despise not our petitions, but in Your mercy, hear and answer
The Fifteen Promises of Mary to Christians
Who Recite the Rosary
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary,
shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those
who shall recite the rosary.
- The rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy
vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
- It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for
souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the heart of men from
the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire
of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this
- The soul which recommend itself to me by the recitation of the
rosary, shall not perish.
- Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the
consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by
misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not by an
unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and
become worthy of eternal life.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die
without the sacraments of the Church.
- Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have during their
life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His
graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of
the saints in paradise.
- I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the
- The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of
glory in heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the rosary.
- All those who propagate the holy rosary shall be aided by me in
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the
rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during
their life and at the hour of death.
- All who recite the rosary are my son, and brothers of my only son
- Devotion of my rosary is a great sign of predestination.
(Given to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan) Imprimatur: Patrick J. Hayes
DD Archbishop of New York)
WHY the Daily Rosary?
- Our Lady has 117 titles. She selected this title at Fatima: "I am
the Lady of the Rosary."
- St. Francis de Sales said the greatest method of praying IS- Pray
- St. Thomas Aquinas preached 40 straight days in Rome Italy on just
the Hail Mary.
- St. John Vianney, patron of priest, was seldom seen without a rosary
in his hand.
- "The rosary is the scourge of the devil" -- Pope Adrian VI
- "The rosary is a treasure of graces" -- Pope Paul V
- Padre Pio the stigmatic priest said: "The Rosary is THE WEAPON"
- Pope Leo XIII wrote 9 encyclicals on the rosary.
- Pope John XXIII spoke 38 times about our Lady and the Rosary. he
prayed 15 decades daily.
- St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort wrote: "The rosary is the most
powerful weapon to touch the Heart of Jesus, Our Redeemer, who so loves
- MARY, QUEEN OF THE HOLY ANGELS -- PRAY FOR US!
- "Jesus, Mary, I Love You, Save Souls"
- J.M.J. = JESUS, MARY, JOSEPH - the Holy Family......
Return to Padre Pio's Prayer page
Please help us in this world
of pain and hunger Please donate, all donations are tax deductible. Thank you.
People under Padre Pio
Padre Pio's Prayers
Padre Pio's Rosary
Padre Pio the Saint|
Padre Pio's Relics | Padre
Padre Pio's Bio
Padre Pio's Spiritual Life
Padre Pio exhumed
Padre Pio said |
Padre Pio Quotes|
The path less taken|
St. Pio of Pietrelcina
Padre Pio Pictures |
Padre Pio bilocation |
Padre Pio Healing
Padre Pio Supernatural |
Padre Pio Perfumes |
Padre Pio Levitation
Padre Pio Apparition |
Padre Pio Guardian Angel
Padre Pio and the Devil
Padre Pio Confession |Padre Pio
Pio of Pietrelcina
Padre Pio Foundation all Rights